Thursday, March 1, 2012

About me

Well since I've only shared crafty things, my etsy store and awesome peg people.. I thought I should share some things about myself so you, can get to know the crafter behind the brush, camera, or glue gun!

Well my name is Tara Leigh, my mother never hyphenated my name so I have multiple ID's with different first names! HA. I'm a stay at home mom.. although I'm itching to get a little part time job.. there is a new Micheals opening up on my side of the river.. and even if I am just stocking things.. I would be in heaven! I have 3 children, M who is my youngest, she is almost 2 years old. She keeps me going all day and sometimes into the night! A my eldest daughter, is 6 she is the poster-child for "middle children" and makes life sometimes hectic and loud! D or as I refer to him as Buggy or Bug, is my sole son.  He holds a special special spot in my heart, my only boy.. he loves all things Lego and his Mama! He wrote a note to me last month announcing how he loves me more then the grass and the dirt! So that kind of explains my name MADLeigh Creative.

I have loved to craft for a long time, 20+ years! I have always sucked at drawing and when I was younger I really wanted to draw neat pictures.. but my people always missed a finger, the ears were drawn too sharp and my eyes were lopsided.. I love beads, glistening crystals, cute paper, hand sewing, DIY anything really!  I'm really shy in showing "off" my work, I often give everything I make away. It's been just recently after hearing some awesome reactions over the Holiday's that I was serious about doing something and maybe for money!  I often go through spurts of a certain craft, often varying from buttons, to yarn, paper and paint.

I like to craft when the feeling comes over me! And it can be in between stirs of dinner, or putting children to bed, I don't want to miss a beat!

My Man in my life, a great Dad and Poppa hates the mess my crafting leaves behind, paint splatts on the floor or permanent paint speckling our dinner table (which I just painted red.. on a DIY crave!). We are polar opposites, but some how we work great together. He has OCD, and any kind of mess creates some wicked anxiety.. and I wouldn't have it any other way  

No comments:

Post a Comment